Start up advice • 22 April 2008 • The SnowBlog
Start up advice
I really liked this video (thanks Robin). The speech was to the web / tech industry but there's lots of wise advice which I agree with, like:
- don't try to build a billion dollar company
- don't build with the aiming of selling out for a gazillion dollars to Google
- selling to consumers is a lot harder than selling to businesses
- focus on the Fortune 5,000,000 - the medium sized companies who are looking for solutions to their problems every day
- don't work with the aim of having a nice life *after* you sell out - build a business that gives you a decent lifestyle *now*
- try working 5 hours a day, not 14 hours a day. Your productivity will shoot up.
And so on. Really good.